March 20, 2008

Dancing on the Ceiling

Boy am I glad to be back in Pittsburgh. I love you family, but I like my shower's water pressure, and my bed - and what I do here.
Oooh, if all goes according to plan, I'll become an eBay PowerSeller at the end of the month. This will be around the same time I upgrade to a new system (designed by yours truly) with nice online order status and barcode scanning fun!
And congrats again, Aunt Caro and Uncle Gordon Linn! Your wedding was awesome - can someone send me pictures?
Last off, I have a new initiative for you all to start. I have this pet peeve where I want to cross the street at an intersection to which I have a green. Looking around, I see none of the queued cars going in my direction will be turning. But, low and behold, when I am crossing, one of said queued cars decides to turn through my crosswalk sans turn signal - wanting to running me over. So here is what I've been doing about it, and what I want all of you to do:

  1. Stop in the crosswalk.
  2. Face driver of offending vehicle.
  3. Wear animated expression of annoyance and righteous indignation.
  4. Hold hands in fists approximately waist height, one foot in front of you, and shoulder's width apart.
  5. Open and close the approppriate hand in a "blinking" motion.
  6. FOR BONUS POINTS*: Don't move until the approppriate turn signal is activated.
  7. Go along your merry way, delighting in the fact you have educated another person as to the use of a turn signal (or at least obtained retribution).
* Points awarded are only redeemable in the Game of Life (not the board game, but the real one).

No comments: