March 29, 2008

Busy

The title says it all. Not only has my schoolwork increased as of late - but I've been testing the barriers of my iPod selling capacity. I realized I could increase efficiency for the entire future by dedicating more now - so I bought a barcode scanner and went on a mad coding spree to design a rudimentary online order status system. It is now at the point where the hardest thing is creating the listings.
I am especially happy with my order processing workflow:

  1. Activate order print script, loading appropriate printer media as directed.
  2. Print all packing slips.
  3. Print all shipping labels (with internal barcode schema).
  4. Print all delivery confirmation slips.
  5. Put packing slip in appropriate box.
  6. Affix shipping label and delivery confirmation.
  7. Barcode scan each package.
  8. Seal packages.
Not only is this easier for me - I expect my already high customer satisfaction to go through the roof.

No comments: