February 11, 2008

Poet's Preface

This will make it to the Closet Poet page eventually. But I wanted to respond to the Anonymous [Coward] who commented on my most previous poetry related posting.


Poet's Preface

When shoulders can take no more,
With ink on paper it all goes.
As greater demons want to play,
The more my simple writing flows.

Sometimes it seems quite the blessing,
Other times it's more of a curse.
But I find it keeps me going,
The lines and lines that become verse.

Because whenever emotion,
Is enough to make me explode,
I can enjoy taking comfort,
In that my quick rhymes will be heard.

And when I am stuck in a mood,
I try to keep the facts in key.
But sometimes I can't help myself,
And add in some hyperbole.

So as I retreat into thought,
My soul splayed out upon the page,
I hope you will enjoy the fruit;
The writings of my love and rage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clearing that up...