February 3, 2008

Long Time, No Read. Now Time, Long Read

Your fix is back after a brief hiatus. I've been busy with work, being burglarized, the job hunt, and much much more.
First things first, several portions of my site will no longer be linked to soon (mainly old picture albums), so take a look while you can.
Next up - what is this a picture of? Well, I decided a while back I could write better if my incomplete poetry were all in front of me. Thus was born an ever-expanding wall of poetry. I was just contemplating last night that while poetry may be fun, being an OCD poet is not. Cause when inspiration hits while I'm trying to fall asleep I have no choice but to get up and write it down. I actually had to actively concentrate on not writing in order to fall asleep last night.
What else is new? Well I'm in the middle of a new product release. aSTARick is an iTunes visualizer (for the Mac) crafted by yours truly. Get it here. (If you got a pre-release version from me, you should download the latest.)
OK, as an iPod reseller I have some pet peeves which, for the sake of customer support, I refrain from telling my buyers. First, it is "iPod". That is how you spell it. Not "Ipod" or "IPod" (though I'll take "ipod" if you are writing in all lowercase). Also, to the best of my knowledge, no package shipper has managed to break and/or distort the space-time continuum. Thus, shipments will take real time to travel to their destinations. Some people don't understand this.
Next, for those of you unsatisfied with your current financial institutions DO NOT USE from the following blacklist:

  • USAA
  • PayPal Plus Credit Card via GE Money
  • Citizen's Bank in Oakland, Pittsburgh, PA
The first two have terrible online interfaces (and as an IS major, this appalls me). And Citizen's Bank had me waiting half an hour just to ask some questions. Plus, I knew where their customer service reps were. One was doing nothing in the office next to where I was waiting, and the other was outside smoking. I got fed up and left.
There's your fix. Enjoy!

No comments: