October 16, 2008

Coding Nirvana

You may not be able to relate in terms of programming, but just think about the following in the frame of whatever you love doing...
Have you ever been working hard, enjoying yourself, for hours on end - till the point where you are just exhausted, but at the same time you don't want to stop? Well, I discovered something recently. I reached that point where I just couldn't think straight anymore while programming something one night/morning. I had been just screaming my way through this project, but I could feel my mind slowing down - and I had to deal with the complex logics of time! When it finally got to that point where I couldn't process things in my head anymore, I still didn't want to stop. So I didn't. But as I couldn't think straight I decided to just code from the hip (so to speak). Amazingly, everything just worked! Things which should have needed deliberate contemplation didn't. So was it luck? or was it a state of coding nirvana? This requires further study...
In other news, I got my MacBook back all nice and shiny on Tuesday!

No comments: