January 15, 2008

Pompous Post & MLK-Day

So I am good. Not as good as the IS freshman who deferred CMU several years to actually work in the field, but pretty good. And I am constantly running into computer science (CS) majors who know diddly-squat. Which amazes me (considering I was rejected by them). But hey - at least I discovered IS because of it, and I wouldn't change majors for the world.
Oh, I was trying to explain to Quinn W. why I loved programming. And this was my analogy: Programming is like Jello, and the programmer is the mold. You take the ingredients and mix 'em up. Then you have a scrumptious morsel that is practically alive.
Speaking of programming, I was talking Java (for the uninitiated- that's a programming language) with a CS student when someone else (one of the uninitiated) walks into the room and sits down. After a few moments listening in, she asks, "Is that a riddle?". Ha!
I've also been in the iPod resell biz for almost two months now (it's had it's ups and downs). And I've been caught by Apple a couple of times (apparently what I'm doing violates their sales TOS). Yay for aliases! And I don't want to give myself too much importance. But it seems like I am changing Apple methods. For the first time ever I got an automated message letting me know I had been red-flagged as a reseller (they used to call me when they figured it out).
Oh, and since it is MLK day I have this to say:
Equality is not equality. Only when it stops being equality, and it just is.
Yeah I know it isn't a complete sentence - but that's how it is.

No comments: