November 9, 2008

Capture the Flag with Stuff

One of the groups here on campus runs a bi-annual game of Capture the Flag with Stuff. The rules are pretty complicated, but basically it's CTF with "magical" items to make things more interesting. It's played in two of the buildings here on campus (which are connected at many points). And it is a great deal of fun (and exhausting). Nothing is quite so fun as silently infiltrating the computer science building.
Speaking of which, while playing I rediscovered a wall plaque that I last saw two years ago as a prospective student. I remember almost losing the our group as I read a select portion of Alan Perlis' epigrams (though, of course, I forgot what they were or who wrote them so I couldn't Google them. Well, running through the halls playing CTF (likely trying to save my life) I found them again!

No comments: