July 3, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen!

I'm back! I'm sure no one hits this blog anymore - but I'll get my faithfuls back.
Since college let out (in which I had a lot of fun and did very well) I've been working as the Snack Bar Manager for the Barclay Farm Swim Club. It's not exactly in line with what you might expect from someone in IS - but it's a lot of fun. And I - of course - bring my own style to the whole affair.

Anyway - I'm tired of only having current events to say so I'm going to start posting more poetry directly into the blog. Why have I not done this in the past? Well, the vast majority of my poetry is only a few lines long (which I used to hope would grow). Unfortunately, after the fist few lines most of my poems just die. The image becomes stained, the rhyming becomes strained, or the clever play cannot be sustained. Thus, I will now give you these lines (which are often my favorites) - but which have not yet become larger works. And since the larger work usually helps convey the idea of the poem, I'll provide a little insight to my writing.

No comments: