September 29, 2008

AAPL Again

So I'm sure none of you care about my stock market woes - but I'm deep into Apple at this point so I'm going to share anyway:
Can someone tell me why a couple of people on Wall Street have the ability to throw Apple's stock into free-fall? I'm not kidding. Some analysts decided that Apple wasn't going to make much money in the coming quarter - which is absolute hooey (it's the Christmas season for crying out loud). - and AAPL dropped like a rock.
One also said that Apple needs to drop products above $1500. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Why is a Wall Streeter giving advice to Steve Jobs? Yeah, I would love a cheaper Mac, but as my Daddy always said, "You get what you pay for." (I'm sure you said it at some point, Dad). ASUS et al can drop a hundred cheapo netbooks* - and stupid consumers will buy them up for the next year or so. But when their netbooks break, or can't handle the load of modern computing, then everyone is going to realize their mistake and jump back to quality, modern machines (like Apple's).
Oh yeah, want my guess on who's buying AAPL right now? Those same analysts that's who! Seriously, haven't you guys screwed up the economy enough already?

* For those of you who don't know, a netbook is like a 5 year old laptop that got hit by a shrink ray.

No comments: