February 17, 2008

Rants: Piano Lesson, Bill Gates

I had a 12 hour rehearsal session last Saturday for Piano Lesson. And I'm working under this woman who is an utter hag. She doesn't know a damn thing about managing people. Things have to be done her way, even if my way is faster for me - and more organized. And when I wondered if there were batteries lying around somewhere for my dying flashlight she snippily responded that they couldn't provide me with batteries (even though they'll provide me with an inferior flashlight). A simple, "Sorry, no." would have sufficed. Not to mention, for some reason she thinks that she wants to leave at the end of the day more than me. That's just silly - I'm not even getting paid like she is.
Moving along - Bill Gates was at CMU today to give a lecture. And, luckily for me, all I had to do on campus was a 9:30 exam and crew call at night. So I made it a point of getting off campus. I didn't realize it before, but I really hate this guy. There were massive amounts of people waiting for him to show up, and it just made me really angry. Not only is Microsoft evil, they haven't released anything good in ages - it is an insult to my intended profession. And just because Gates is now into philanthropy doesn't mean he should be forgiven for is tactics when starting M$ (the Devil does not do refunds). If I had stuck around I don't know what I'd do. And because I'm with cmuTV, I could have gotten easy access and everything (I can't chose between incessant heckling, or classic pie-in-the-face). I am such an Apple fan-boy...

No comments: